Friday, September 18, 2009

Should I stay or should I go now?

It was only a matter of time from the very get-go, a car with frail old tires driven too quickly down a curvy road on a rainy night, a soufflé just waiting for that oven door to slam, a big ugly zit that was going to need some special attention. But as clear and obvious as the right decision seemed, practicality stood firmly in its way.

A certain amount of sucking it up is necessary in most of life’s arenas, and anyone who hasn’t learned that by now is having an even worse time than the rest of us. But we all know that there’s also that proverbial sand-line and once it gets sullied, or much worse, completely besmirched…well, there’s just no going back to holding hands, is there?

And so it was time to decide once and for all. Was I going to chew this gum?






















I’d tried it before and found it highly distasteful and sub-par on every level. But there I was, about to buy it again. Or was I going to go for broke and chew this gum?




















Because, after all, this is some sweet-n-tasty stuff, with a super-fine aftertaste. I’d been craving it for months.

Then a well-meaning friend slipped me a piece of this gum























and before I knew it, the answer was crystal-clear. I feel better already.