Monday, January 11, 2010

I do believe it's true

















I'd thought sea monkeys were just about the only animal I could grow on my own, but I learned something new today (one of my many new year’s resolutions): we’re getting pretty advanced in this arena, which can’t help but be good. Always nice to see continual advancement, right?

As a result, I’m planning to grow my own zoo! And I like to start big, so I got some giraffe seeds. Actually, what I purchased claims to be a herd starter kit, but I don’t know how they can guarantee that I’ll get both a girl and a boy. Still! Think of having two or three giraffes! I hope I don’t overwater, which is usually how I roll.

















And because giraffes are rather placid, I also picked up some rattlesnake eggs to keep things balanced. For now I’m following the instructions and keeping them in a cool place to avoid hatching (easy to do—it feels like the world is nothing but cool places), but as soon as it gets a little warmer I’ve got big plans for these guys, and for my entire back yard.