Friday, January 9, 2009

Eyebrow club

I couldn’t be happier that it’s Friday; this was my first full week at a new job, and I’m clock-watching like a fiend, waiting for that damn big hand to get to 12 so I can go home and forget all the stuff I’ve been learning. Because, as we all know, one doesn’t simply start a new job; there’s an entire cultural immersion that goes on, and I’m drowning over here.



















This is about what I look like now, if you turn up the manic volume a few levels. Oh, right, and I actually have individual teeth, but other than that, me & the youthful Nanette Fabray here are practically twins. She’s my newest mouse pad, and she’ll probably never make it to work, except in spirit.


















While I was at Ye Olde Office Supply Shoppe, I couldn’t resist Blondie. Look at those crazed eyes. It’s like she’s daring you to mess with her plaid world, and really hoping you take her up on that dare. When and if you encounter someone with this facial expression in the real world, do not engage.


















Unable to stop myself, I bought her a companion, another one-toothed archly browed wonder woman. I think she was the heroine of several books I read as a child, but by now she’s got everything figured out.




















And check it out! Needless to say, I had to buy this one. It’s definitely going to the jobsite, because right now I’m mousing over an ad for an erectile dysfunction medication. I don’t even want to think about where it’s been.