Monday, July 14, 2008

Keeping it clean, part two



















Yuck! Who knew that as we sleep toxins are sneakily making their way to the soles of our feet, where they often remain undetected for an entire lifetime? Luckily these toxins turn out to be eager to be leached through our skin and freed to continue their poisonous existence extra-corporeally.

For years I lived in cold climates and slept with socks on, never waking up to find them oozing formaldehyde, ammonia, mercury and whatever other unsafe substances I'd been unwittingly ingesting. Must have been because my socks weren't adhesive! These miraculous, linty-looking stickers somehow have the absorbability and suction that socks and other feet-encasing products lack. Good thing, or we'd be leaking poisons into our shoes and all over our carpets.

When I see the television commercials for these products, I'm instantly aware of being a walking time bomb, full of death-promoting evil. I'd been holding out for something larger, something capable of really doing the job thoroughly, but I can feel myself caving.

Reusable?!? Say it ain't so.