Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Toys in the attic/Memory Lane #1

Let's take a little trip back in time, and remember some of the great toys of our youth, shall we?



















Check it out! A vintage toy with twice the power of the Airzooka. You can play fast! And notice the package says it uses free air. Man, were those the days, or what? Is it just me, or do most of the fun games shown on the top of the box look extra-phallic?




















Check out this old Mattel toy! Talk about pre-PC days. It's for all ages, because insanity knows no boundaries. Bats were in my belfry by the time I was about 6.
















And don't you love how this old battery-operated boat has an automatic bailer? The folks at Ideal knew the thing wasn't going to stay afloat, but they had good intentions; they were Idealists.















Why didn't I ever get this for Christmas? Really, no need for the past tense. I still want this for Christmas. I'm sure there's no expiration date on the box.




















And why didn't you ever get this? Talk about a box o'fun! "Cycle zips through gate and cop goes flying." "Cop flies out of chimney." When we were kids, game manufacturers knew what was good, clean fun: hitting cops with motorcycles that we could steer ourselves. Why we ever gave that up is beyond my ken.



















A fabulous gift for any child on any occasion. I'll never forget receiving a package of puffing smoke cigarettes at my first communion.












Another perfect boy-toy (complete with rock quarry and rocks!) It even won a merit award! And it blows up everything harmlessly! I really don't think one could ask for much more than that from a toy. There are many things I'd like to blow up harmlessly. Don’t even know where to start. This is the junior version; I hope there was a senior dynamite blaster.

Wow, this really makes me want to be a kid again!